You’ve got the creative juice. Put it to use making something you enjoy without doing client monkey work. That’s right. No tags. No legal. No format whatsoever. Enter your video before it goes viral in the :30ish Film Festival, brought to you by Crosspoint.
This is how it works:
Create a :31 to :39 movie (camera. cellphone. webcam. whatever.).
Submit your video to Crosspoint by June 28 July 7*.
Your film will be judged, laughed at and mercilessly scrutinized by a jury of your peers.
Then join us in the Crosspoint parking lot on Thursday July 21st, from 5pm to 9pm, to witness what the best creative minds in Denver could come up with. You could end up with the $300 Grand Prize. Food will be provided by three of Denver’s hottest food trucks. If that’s not enough, FREE BEER and wine. No celebrity swag bags at this festival, just door prizes provided by the finest establishments along West Colfax.
1. Entries should be :31 to :39 seconds long… or :40. Whatever – as long as you don’t cut a boring :30 with 10-frame fade ins/outs.
2. Quicktime ProRes HQ or H.264 is easiest, but we’ll find a way to project whatever you send us.
3. Please submit your entries no later than June 28th July 7th* via Dropbox (email@example.com); or in person at 940 Wadsworth Boulevard, Suite 200, Lakewood, CO, 80214; or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set-up an FTP connection.
* When is the last time a client gave you a deadline extension?
1. A panel of judges will rank the top three entries.
2. 1st place wins $300 cash. 2nd place wins $150 cash. 3rd place wins $50 in gift certificates to Casa Bonita.
3. All cash prizes will be paid to the winner if present at the end of the event on July 21st. If a prize winner is not present, a check will be mailed, eventually. In other words, you don’t have to be ‘present to win’, but we’d like to hang out with you, so come by and have a beer.